- IDP Process is undertaken by the Mayoral Committee (Maycomm) prior to budget approval.
- The City prioritises projects that are relevant to the needs of the community.
- Planning process is further informed by Urban Development Framework in lieu of lack
of developed parks/public open spaces in a particular region/area
- Open spaces must be verified with CoJ’s GIS department to confirm that they are
zoned as public open spaces, and the ownership is under CoJ.
If a particular space is zoned otherwise, then JCPZ cannot proceed and develop infrastructure in that space.
In some instances, open spaces are privately owned.
- Joburg Cp3 is used to populate prioritised projects that require capital funding. However, that does not guarantee funding for each and every project that is uploaded on the system
- CoJ Maycomm has a final say on the approval of projects and budgets.
- All Capex projects, including allocation, are funded by the City.